This activity follows the talk “Jesus Is Baptised By John“
- Affirmations (see below) either all written out on a large sheet of paper or printed on individual sheets.
- Coloured card cut into pieces around A6 size
- Felt tip pens & coloured pencils
- Self Adhesive Magnetic Tape
- Assorted craft items. We have a selection of resources for crafts that include foam letters, pipe cleaners, beads etc.You can buy large boxes or bags of these resources from craft shops or from amazon fairly cheaply and they are a good investment to have for activities like this.
Jesus’ baptism is followed by God’s affirmation of love for him as his son. As adopted members of God’s family those words have truth for us too. It is sometimes hard to accept that God loves us but the bible is full of verses that tell us exactly that!
Read through some of the wonderful things that God says about us that we find in the bible. When you find one that speaks to you create a card with the words “I am loved” or “I am accepted” etc. If you’d like you could use some of the magnetic tape to turn it into a magnet to keep somewhere where you will see it regularly.
You could either have a few bibles out so that people could look up the references themselves or click on the links on each verse to copy them from the Bible Gateway website.
You are forgiven – Psalm 103:12
You have a purpose – Jeremiah 29:11
You are chosen – 1 Peter 2:9
You are loved by God – Ephesians 3:17-19
You have been given a fresh start – 2 Corinthians 5:17
God has called you by name – Isaiah 43:1
You are unique – Psalm 139:13
You are part of God’s family – Ephesians 2:19