- Printed reflection
We found the wording of this reflection in lots of places online but can’t seem to find out who created it – if you know please contact us and we will be more than happy to give credit appropriately.
if you have food in the fridge, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep,
you are richer than 75% of this world.
if you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish somewhere,
you are among the top 8% of the worlds wealthy.
if you woke up this morning with more health than illness,
you are more blessed than the million who will not survive this week.
if you can attend a church meeting without fear of harassment, arrest, torture or death
you are more blessed than million’s of people in the world.
if you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are truly thankful, you are blessed because the majority can, but most do not.
we are hugely blessed…
… do we keep this in our perspective?
Jesus has something to say about who are the truly blessed. They are:
- those who know their need of God
- those who mourn for what is not right in them and in our world
- those who are teachable
- those who hunger and thirst for a better justice and righteousness
- those who leave behind a preoccupation with self and look outward, beyond themselves, to see God at work in our world and its trouble; to see the beauty, mercy
and grace of God in the unexpected places of life and follow Jesus there
- those who are prepared to be personally inconvenienced, even to suffer, for living in this way