- 3 pieces of paper/ 3 Powerpoint slides
- Paper- 1 sheet per person
What is up, in, out?
Up- worshipping God for who He is, what He’s done, thanking Him for the blessings that He graciously gives us, thanking Him for His word- the Bible etc.
In- praying for the congregation, God’s Church, our concerns/needs
Out- praying for the needs of the world including evangelism
This intercession can be done in several different ways:
- Create your own up, in, out prayer and ask the congregation to amen your prayer.
- Think of the up, in, out prayer points that you would like the congregation to pray about and write them on paper/ slides to guide them in prayer. Ask the congregation to spend time praying through the 3 areas of prayer by moving to 3 different parts of the room.
- Put up a description of up, in and out on the paper/slides and let the congregation pray freely with what comes to mind either silently or out loud. You could also let the congregation draw their responses to help them focus their prayer.